The New BP6.Com

Moderator: News Team

Derek
Site Admin

The New BP6.Com

Post by Derek »

Please take a look and post your comments here!

And remember the site is still under heavy construction, so if you want to see something this is the time to request. By they way: I still have all the "This Is What I Want" emails that so many of you sent in; I'll post all of the requests here in a few minutes.

:arrow: http://www.bp6.com/newbp6.php

Cookies aren't functioning properly right now as we're under construction, login and redirects will be fixed when the site goes live.

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to look over the new site.

Yours truly,

Derek & Tim
(Thanks to Hyperspace for coming back with bang and helping us out!)
Last edited by Derek on Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

To do:

Picture Gallery

FAQ

Various Bugs

(More soon)
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Report: Attachments won't show on the beta message board until the site goes live.
DJ_Spray

Post by DJ_Spray »

Sorry DD, but personnally I don't like the color scheme....
It is too agressive to me.

else, good work!
BP6 w/ 2x500Cel , 768Mo PC133 RAM, 60Go HDD, DVD, CDR24x
A7M266D w/ 2x2200+AMD, 512Mo DDR, 160Go HDD, DVD, CDR24x, DVB-S
------------------------
DJ Spray inside
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

DJ_Spray wrote:Sorry DD, but personnally I don't like the color scheme....
It is too agressive to me.

else, good work!
Okay, have anything in mind? I'm working on another colour scheme for the site, but it won't be ready for some time... Do you think we can stick with it for a little bit? Just so we can actually get the site up.

Input appreciated.
tomatoeboy

Post by tomatoeboy »

Like it! It's a good improvement & must've taken a lot of work. I like the close integration of the message board with the rest of the site. With the old style I tended to head straight on over to the forum skipping the front page as there was rarely anything there that wasn't mentioned on the forum.

It seems to render up OK in Opera 6.05 and Mozilla 1.3b

Keep up the work
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

tomatoeboy wrote:Like it! It's a good improvement & must've taken a lot of work. I like the close integration of the message board with the rest of the site. With the old style I tended to head straight on over to the forum skipping the front page as there was rarely anything there that wasn't mentioned on the forum.

It seems to render up OK in Opera 6.05 and Mozilla 1.3b

Keep up the work
Thanks!!

Yeah, message board integration is key for this site.
onelegdis

Post by onelegdis »

I agree with DJ_Spray on the colour scheme. The design looks……….a bit “eighties”. I also think there’s a bit too much info for the front page. It could do with being simplified.
Feel free to kick me now :oops: :(
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

onelegdis wrote:I agree with DJ_Spray on the colour scheme. The design looks……….a bit “eighties”. I also think there’s a bit too much info for the front page. It could do with being simplified.
Feel free to kick me now :oops: :(
I don't understand what you mean by "eighties"... And your comment about too much information on the page scares me because I'm actually working on putting more info up :?

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place guys; tell me what to do!!!
onelegdis

Post by onelegdis »

Sorry Derek, I mean 1980’s, a bit garish and bright! As for the info, there’s a lot of text and nothing that visually gabs your attention straight away. Anyway what the hell do I know!

PS. How about a CPU configuration page, with the various processor configs for the BP6. How many times has “what’s the fastest CPU that can be run on the BP6?” been asked on the message board?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

onelegdis wrote:Sorry Derek, I mean 1980’s, a bit garish and bright! As for the info, there’s a lot of text and nothing that visually gabs your attention straight away. Anyway what the hell do I know!

PS. How about a CPU configuration page, with the various processor configs for the BP6. How many times has “what’s the fastest CPU that can be run on the BP6?” been asked on the message board?
Man! I know "1980's"; who do you think I am? I just didn't know you meant "garish and bright" :lol:

Visually grabbing... Hmmmm... I guess one random picture from the gallery won't cut it, eh?
onelegdis

Post by onelegdis »

And I thought you were only 21 :wink:
Mabe moving that to somewhere more focal, so it grabs you when you first hit the page?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

onelegdis wrote:And I thought you were only 21 :wink:
Mabe moving that to somewhere more focal, so it grabs you when you first hit the page?
Okay, that's what I wanted to hear. I was planning on moving the random picture to right under the navigation box.

RRLedFord: I haven't heard from you yet?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

By tomorrow you'll be able to create your own photo galleries for public viewing! Yeah!
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Okay, you should be able to create your own picture galleries now. See new site for links.
Slagathor

Post by Slagathor »

Wow dood, I really like the look of the "new" site.......
DFI 790FX-M2R
AMD Phenom 9850BE
2x2gb Mushkin Redline@1066 5-5-5-16
2x 250GB WD 16mb SATA Raid 0
eVGA 8800GTS SC
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Slagathor wrote:Wow dood, I really like the look of the "new" site.......
Thanks!!
DJ_Spray

Post by DJ_Spray »

Well, you see, I think that in fact there are to much informations.
To make it more easy to read, maybe try to get it in white background, cause here it is really hard.

IMHO, I think that you can very rarely put some dark colors and backgrounds on website, and this can only be accepted if you don't put too much info on the page (not the case here), whereas light background makes it more easy to look at, even if there are lots of infos.

Try also maybe a light-grey/blue theme.

-->PS: without looking at it, i just had in fact the picture of the message board here. So if you just put your blue menus as they were, white for background, and grey for the tables...... :wink:
------------------------
DJ Spray inside
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

DJ_Spray wrote:Well, you see, I think that in fact there are to much informations.
To make it more easy to read, maybe try to get it in white background, cause here it is really hard.

IMHO, I think that you can very rarely put some dark colors and backgrounds on website, and this can only be accepted if you don't put too much info on the page (not the case here), whereas light background makes it more easy to look at, even if there are lots of infos.

Try also maybe a light-grey/blue theme.

-->PS: without looking at it, i just had in fact the picture of the message board here. So if you just put your blue menus as they were, white for background, and grey for the tables...... :wink:
Okay, I understood everything you said except for this part:
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Darnit! I new I should have gone to the "brighter" look! :D
-Derek
DJ_Spray

Post by DJ_Spray »

what I meant by the PostScriptum was that in fact, the image i had was of an interface like the messageboard here, with white background, blue top menus, and grey tables....

I think, as I said before, that those 'easylooking' colors makes it better when you have a 'heavy' interface (lots of menus and tables).
If you can just change your template with these colors, I think that would to it (say if you make the change so we give it a look).

Else, if you feel like you have plenty of time, create themes, so the visitor can choose between the dark/light/other colors... :roll:
------------------------
DJ Spray inside
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

DJ_Spray wrote:if you feel like you have plenty of time
Cha Ching! Time is exactly what I don't have (much of); but I will do my best.

Okay, here’s the plan:

We will have to launch with the current colour scheme (I think everyone will agree that we’ve been waiting long enough for change). Once everything is setup, I will implement either a new theme, or new themes (selectable via user control panel). What we need to know is the following: from what you’ve browsed, can the current design scheme work in the meantime?

I’m so happy things are moving again :D
onelegdis

Post by onelegdis »

Derek, the current design scheme does work. The back bone of the site is all there. My self and DJ Spray are just pointing out some very minor graphics issues that are down to personal taste and can always be ironed out later. I appreciate all the time, hard work and effort you've put in to this so keep up the good work. :D
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

onelegdis wrote:Derek, the current design scheme does work. The back bone of the site is all there. My self and DJ Spray are just pointing out some very minor graphics issues that are down to personal taste and can always be ironed out later. I appreciate all the time, hard work and effort you've put in to this so keep up the good work. :D
Okay, perfect! Exactly what I wanted to know...

On another note, some of the server updates that are in progress have thrown the new site (read: it's broken). I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong.

More comments people please!
Zenbog][

Post by Zenbog][ »

Derek wrote:
Okay, perfect! Exactly what I wanted to know...

On another note, some of the server updates that are in progress have thrown the new site (read: it's broken). I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong.

More comments people please!
"simple 2 cents worth" :shock: , RED on black background = very hard on the eyes. :idea: maybe increasing the font size will help. The yellow/white are very easy to "see" even for and old man like me :wink:
I do like the new look, and since I now have 4 of these BP6's ( they keep multiplying :o ) I will be in and out of here more often :)

Zenbog][
Zenbog][
GMC Zenbog's Giant Maps Server[PURE]
an UnrealTournament Server