HELP with some Q's Fans and MB's

Cool cases? Different resistors? More airflow? Show us...
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

my chipset fans came out of my trusty old 386 cpu heatsink fans :P

i don't know of any non-expensive 1g+ dual mobo's

you pay for MP nowadays

Kun
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Forget the fan on the Northbridge - just get the Zalman passive HS. See my picture : http://www.bp6.com/board/album_pic.php?pic_id=365

Notice the Dual P-III 1.266GHz@1.35 cooled with Y.S.Tech 70mm fans on EverCool CUD-725 copper HS. These fans move a lot of air & are quiet. You can use the Zalman FanMate1 speed controllers to get them very quiet. They have just about the lowest start up voltage of any fan I've tested. Don't stick your finger in them - cracked my nail from the large amount of energy stored in the high-mass fan tip motor drive system.

Good Dual P-III motherboard cheap - ACORP 6A815EBD $40 512MB max
will take Tualatin CPUs ( if you can afford them) with Lin-Lin adapters
has Promise RAID ATA-100 onboard. Decent OC options to 166FSB

Better Dual P-III- MSI Pro266Master LR - $140 => DDR266 RAM, Tualatin support, Promise RAID ATA-100, Intel LAN onboard, great OC options with 1 MHz increment on FSB clock speed, 2 GIG RAM, VIA chipset

Best value Dual CPU mainboards are AMD Athlon MP now - P-IIIs & Xenons too pricey
Zero point energy
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

yeah

you pay more for athlon MP's though

i've heard rumors that you can unlock the SMP capability in the newer bartons

i may be wrong

i still prefer my ol celeies
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

66-ac wrote:well I expect to spend some money I have seen a vp6 with 2 1g and 256 ram for $350 i thiught that was reasonable but was unsure so i passed at the time.
Another cheap thing: Get a MSI K7D Master and equip it with Durons. Yes, Durons are SMP capable in general, but there´s no guarantee. The cheapest but maybe rather risky thing would be to get two Applebred Durons (1400-1800), unlock their L2-Cache to turn them into Athlon XP Tbreds and run them on the K7D. That would cost about 370 Euros / US$ including HSFs and 512 MB DDR (unregistered). However the Durons might/i] not work in SMP mode, and it is not unlikely that you won´t be able to activate the full 256kb L2-cache on both CPUs (you might end up with 128 or 64kb).
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW