Using the same WU's for linux & win2k

SETI Team :: https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_di ... amid=30229

Moderator: HAL6000

tomatoeboy

Using the same WU's for linux & win2k

Post by tomatoeboy »

Anyone know if there's a problem with using the same WU with both the linux & windows clients?

The reason I ask is because I dual-boot win2k & mandrake 8.2 I'd like to do WU's when using both. I don't always use linux as much as I'd like to, so I want to work on the same units as I do when using windows. That way I won't end up with units that get re-sent to others because I took too long to finish them.

I was thinking about putting everything on a FAT32 partition that I know linux can read & write to.

Is this possible or will it not work?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Yes, it should work.
HAL6000
SETI Guru

Post by HAL6000 »

I tried that before. both clients in the same folder but when I switched os's and used the other client it would start over :/
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

HAL6000 wrote:I tried that before. both clients in the same folder but when I switched os's and used the other client it would start over :/
:shock:
tomatoeboy

Post by tomatoeboy »

Hal's right. It set all my states back to zero when I tried to work on them in win2k. Worse, I didn't back up the files so now I've got to start from the top again :(
HAL6000
SETI Guru

Post by HAL6000 »

tomatoeboy wrote:Hal's right. It set all my states back to zero when I tried to work on them in win2k. Worse, I didn't back up the files so now I've got to start from the top again :(
I tried to warn you ;)