Rules of conduct and operations for SetiQueue

SETI Team :: https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_di ... amid=30229

Moderator: HAL6000

Derek
Site Admin

Rules of conduct and operations for SetiQueue

Post by Derek »

Derek wrote:Update: The Queue Server is currently Offline
1. New users start as low priority with a 3 day queue capped at 20 workunits.

2. If a low priority user returns workunits regularly for 7 days they will become a normal priority user. NOTE: Normal priority users get a 20 day queue capped at 1600 workunits. (This is a limit of the software)

3. If a normal priority user does not return any workunits for 7 days they will become a low priority user. The users excess queued workunits will be distributed to the other normal users.

4. If a low priority user does not return any workunits for 7 days they will be torched. The users queue will be disabled and all remaining workunits will be distributed to the other normal users.

5. Excessive pending workunits will not be tolerated. This would be the case of downloaded 10 workunits from the queue and only returning 1 of them to the queue. This may result in torching of the user.

6. If you are torched from the Server and wish to use it again you must pay a small price. You must complete 5 workunits for the BP6/VP6 SetiQueue Account. It is a user that will be only for submission of torched workunits and a member of the BP6/VP6 User Group. Our group gets the credit for the work that way. The completed workunits are to be emailed to setiqueue@hal6000.com, which is also the email address of the account, for submission. Returning the workunits directly to Berkeley will not tell who did the work.

When using the command line version of seti add -stop_after_process to keep it from sending the workunit in. So it looks like setiathome.exe -stop_after_process when you run it.

7. Users that run several different types of clients, i.e....cmdline..windows...linux, have 1 client that is normally returning wu's will not be torched but they my have their other queues limited or disabled if they do not return workunits.

8. If you know your going to be away and will not be returning wu's for a while and tell me you will avoid being torched.

9. If you have several different types of clients and stop using one, or more, and tell me I will merge the client(s) into one of your other clients. For stat tracking this adds the number of workunits the client(s) did to the other.

Thanks,

HAL6000