Formula 1 - 2005 Season

Derek
Site Admin

Formula 1 - 2005 Season

Post by Derek »

It's COMING!
Last edited by Derek on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Derek
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

Ugh. I should be happy but I am not that optimistic. Ferrari have made contracts with Bernie which have enabled them to get more money than ever out of the sport (so the team with the biggest budget gets the most money, already this year). I have also heard that 23 Ferrari team members have had a say in the rules coming this year, next year and 2008.

I can't see anything threatening Ferrari this year or next year either. They got the money, the support from Bernie/FIA, the driver and the car as well as a say in the rules. I guess we can give them victory already in Australia and then we can hope for a fun fight for second place.

I also saw that Jordan have signed two totally unknown drivers just because they can pay their way. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport, but obviously the drivers side will be lacking because talent is not what will get you a race seat. That is pretty pathetic really.

I was in Lugano, Switzerland the other day and the people I was working with were mostly Italians. They were totally uninterested in F1. They complained about boring races, no overtaking and generally unexciting action. I gotta agree. They are all into MC racing which according to them provides plenty of action.

Maybe it is time to switch over to something else. I am pretty tired of this domination, of FIA and Bernie. If this year turns out to be a rerun of last year then I got better things to do with my time.
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

I'm sad to say I agree with you there purrkur.

I have gone from being a F1 fanatic to having almost no interest over the last few years. I will watch the first few Grand Prix, but if it looks like a 2004 re-run then I'll do something else instead.

I really hope that doesn't happen though.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

Alright guys. We got one week to go. There has been some play in the media about Ferrari being worried about their pace and that Mclaren and Renault showing promise.

So is it all a bluff to attract attention? Last year Mclaren dominated testing and then they sucked almost all year.

I am curious though...
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Wow, the US Grand Prix was a joke! Can you believe what happened?

I went to last year's Grand Prix in Montreal and I attended the Grand Prix the year before that as well. I know that is takes a lot of effort to get to the track with tens of thousands of other people on a hot day when you could be watching it in the comfort of your own home. I can't imagine how pissed off I would be if they decided not to race just as I'm getting comfortable on the bleachers!

On another note, I was pretty surprised to see the Ferrari’s clash like that. They barely exchanged looks after they parked their cars!

Derek
-Derek
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

F**king unbeleavable if you ask me. Schumacher is a greedy beast at best and he will thump his buddy Barri if he has to, even to win a shallow victory like this one. Absolutely unbeleavable. I am pretty sure now that the breakaway series will go ahead. FIA has now thrown around their weight so much that I can't see any real progressive cooperation going on after this.

I didn't see the Barri, Schumi incident but I saw at formula1.com that Barri held the race line and it was clearly Schumi that was in the wrong. It is also very strange to see that after Barri was basically catching up with him that he all of a sudden let go. Team order? It wouldn't be a first for Ferrari.
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

I have just read that FIA intends to throw Michelin out next year for what they have done. I can't for the life of me say that the issue at hand is entirely their fault. They tried to find a solution but FIA refused and brought up only rediculous solutions so I understand the teams.
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

And on another note, have you read the proposed regulation changes slated for 2008. Outrageous!
-Derek
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/3698068?GT1=6555

For something I already didn't have time for this surely took away any intrest my fellow BP6 members were generating in me.

I don't see how this is Michelins fault either. What were they supposed to do? let racers drive on unsafe tires? Notifying the powers that be of a problem and providing a track modification as a solution seemed like the best option.

Besides, a lot of my fellow citizens will probably be more intrested now that there is "drama" involved anyway.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100