My BP6 Project

InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Hi there John,

Your 366s should overclock well. I have mine running at 500MHz. They used to do 550Mhz, but as I added more components the high speed became unstable.

Have a look at this: http://www.bp6.com/board/kb.php?mode=article&k=12
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

JohnA - you should weigh carefully your decision to choose the BP6 as your board for the Maxed-Out Dually project. I built (2) BP6 systems exactly (4) years ago & later built a 3rd one. My goal was to continue upgrading them as long as possible to let them keep up with new O/S demands etc.
It sounds like your skills allow for some board level soldering. Dual P-III @1.0+GHz will almost certainly require these for upgrading the circuit components delivering power to the CPUs. I opted to go initially with a single P-III/1100E @110MHz=>1.21GHz, hoping I could add the 2nd one later. Even this taxed all three boards to the point that each one will only boot with the CPU in one of the two sockets. Hard to get>110MHz too!
Reviewing the struggles of more-skilled others here @BP6 to get their Dual P-IIIs working, I decided to stay at the single P-III level, and instead shoot for other Dual P-III boards that could be overclocked too. The option for Tualatins & maybe DDR RAM were also important too.
I have since rebuilt one dead BP6 system using a $40 ACORP 6A815EPD board & Dual P-III/1100E/256/100 CPUs. It can OC up to 166Mhz. Main downside is the RAM max of 512MB PC133. It does have Promise RAID ATA100 on board. It will take Tualatin CPUs using cheap Lin-Lin adapters if you make the jumpers right for 133FSB detect.
Last edited by RRLedford on Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero point energy
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

JohnA wrote:What are my options for 866 or maybe 1GHz on BP6? Thanks!
You may want to check out this link:

http://www.bp6.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=921
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

JohnA wrote:Hmm,

So whats the max speed CPU the BP6 wil take without any mods and remain in dual mode.
Original 533 Mhz Celerons.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

The overclocked 366s will beat 533s because the FSB will be higher.

With the 366s you stand a good chance of getting a 100MHz FSB.

533s do not overclock very well.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-