Abit's BP6 -vs- Intel's PR440FX

Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Abit's BP6 -vs- Intel's PR440FX

Post by Blueneko »

I was wondering what would possibly be the difference between these 2 machines, what could the Dual Pentium Pro server have that the celery dosent, or vice versa? In terms of serving say, multiple tasks? (if they used same raid card, drived etc, just changed out board)Both using Win2k server

A.) Abit's BP6 motherboard running dual celeron 366 @ 533/550 (both celeries having 128k cache) with onboard raid 1, and utilizing a Adaptec SCSI Raid controller with Raid 5 (for 5 drives) 512mb ram (PC133), win2k server and some 3com network card, agp vid card...

or

B.) Intel's PR440FX dual Pentium pro running dual 200 @ 200 (both processors having the 512K cache) with a bootable SCSI 4 gig drive using the onboard SCSI, with the same Adaptec SCSI Raid controller with Raid 5 (for 5 drives), 512MB of Buffered DIMM memory (128 x 4) onboard 10/100 NIC, pci vid card...

Im confident the dual 200 would serve its purpose, but If throwing a celery box in its place would be wise?
I know the older Intel board seen its glory days long ago, and the BP6 motherboard seen its glory days/seeing em still erm,....... ok so the intel board is mega old, considering the BP6 which is a newer heated piece of sand.
tomatoeboy

Post by tomatoeboy »

I'm sure the seti team would love you just to set 'em up in a dark corner crunching wu's for them. That or you could use them as supports for that wobbly table you've got :D