BP6 and Se instruction set

vinman

BP6 and Se instruction set

Post by vinman »

Been away for years but my Bp6 is still my main core mobo to download movies ..Runnnig 24-7 for years now on dual 500 Cels with new caps.
She's taken various platforms and everything I fed her with.She runs on ECC memory from a server , which they said could not be done...Eh Eh.
Anyway I'm using WINXp Pro and I'm trying to install this new fangled microsoft crap called silverlight in order to view certain websites but because my cpu won't support SSE instructions, I'm stuck..
Surely I've hacked all kinds with my Bp6 so there's gotta be a way....
Yes I do have P4's running that can do it ..but that would be too easy, I want to use silverlight with my Bp6.
Any suggestions?
Regards.......................the Vinman in Canada.
Derek
Site Admin

Re: BP6 and Se instruction set

Post by Derek »

vinman wrote:Been away for years but my Bp6 is still my main core mobo to download movies ..Runnnig 24-7 for years now on dual 500 Cels with new caps.
She's taken various platforms and everything I fed her with.She runs on ECC memory from a server , which they said could not be done...Eh Eh.
Anyway I'm using WINXp Pro and I'm trying to install this new fangled microsoft crap called silverlight in order to view certain websites but because my cpu won't support SSE instructions, I'm stuck..
Surely I've hacked all kinds with my Bp6 so there's gotta be a way....
Yes I do have P4's running that can do it ..but that would be too easy, I want to use silverlight with my Bp6.
Any suggestions?
Regards.......................the Vinman in Canada.
My BP6 is still running Win2k... Maybe it's time for me to upgrade and fight Silverlight :)
-Derek
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

I really can't stand Silverlight.

In the UK, one of our top TV broadcasters, ITV, uses Silverlight. It's rubbish - agonising pauses and programmes that suddenly stop playing.

I go over the border to the Scottish sister-site, STV, where they have much the same content, but Flash is the technology behind it.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
the_flames

Post by the_flames »

InactiveX wrote:I really can't stand Silverlight.

In the UK, one of our top TV broadcasters, ITV, uses Silverlight. It's rubbish - agonising pauses and programmes that suddenly stop playing.

I go over the border to the Scottish sister-site, STV, where they have much the same content, but Flash is the technology behind it.
I hadn't thought of using STV for catchup ... I was just avoiding missing anything on ITV :P