Recommendation for heatsink please?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
cyb__

Recommendation for heatsink please?

Post by cyb__ »

Just got a BP6 and the cpu's are cooled by two tiny heatsinks with 50mm fans. I would like to improve this situation.

There are very little space down there and I have trouble finding a suitable heatsink. Can recommend or point me to a heatsink that fits in there without modification?

I've had a look at Thermalrights SLK800 but juding by its apperrence it would take some cutting to get it in place.

http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main ... lk800a.htm
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Well, how sensitive are your ears to fan noise?
The ThermalRights look very good, especially if you plan to run a 80mm fans @lowered RPM to keep things quiet.

I like the EverCool CUD-725 at http://www.nexfan.com. ~$15

They are also 100% copper and have the clip that grabs all three socket prongs. They only go up to 70mm though. I remove their bundled fans and replace with the 70mm fans made by Y.S. Tech. These have the "motor" at the tips of the fans and move more air to the center of the HS. They also work well with Zalman fan speed controllers, as they have exceptional ability to start spinning at very low input voltages.
Zero point energy
cyb__

Post by cyb__ »

RRLedford wrote:Well, how sensitive are your ears to fan noise?
The ThermalRights look very good, especially if you plan to run a 80mm fans @lowered RPM to keep things quiet.

I like the EverCool CUD-725 at http://www.nexfan.com. ~$15

They are also 100% copper and have the clip that grabs all three socket prongs. They only go up to 70mm though. I remove their bundled fans and replace with the 70mm fans made by Y.S. Tech. These have the "motor" at the tips of the fans and move more air to the center of the HS. They also work well with Zalman fan speed controllers, as they have exceptional ability to start spinning at very low input voltages.
That fan looks really interesting!
I am trying to reduce the noice as much as possible. Have you tried the EverCool on a BP6? I don't want them to rub against the capacitors.

EDIT: Damed! It looks like there are no retailers for Evercool here in Sweden. I guess I have to take my chances on somethingelse.

coolermaster that may work

or maybe Jet7

The main question is: is 60 mm at the base to large to fit? (2.36 inch)
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Yes, if you view my previous posts you will see that I have used these and they are the "perfect fit" for the BP6. Plus the price is really good!
Zero point energy
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

The CoolMaster looks like a similar fit to EverCool.

Jet7 will almost for sure need to be cut/filed before it will clear the CPU capacitors.
Zero point energy
iSDn

Post by iSDn »

Take a look at Verax P10T. They are very quiet and have no prob cooling my 2 PIII/1100.
Majzan

Post by Majzan »

Hmmm I'm hunting for new fans and heatsinks as well... MCX370-CR2™ Heatsink should fit just fine??? or what do you guys say?

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcx370-cr2.asp
The horror/classic DChub
horror.hopto.org
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Ive always lusted after that Swiftech MCX370-CR2 heatsink!!
Looks like a good fit to me - seems to only have mount holes for 60mm fans though. I would add 80mm-to-60mm fan adapter(s) and pair it up with a larger airflow & quieter fan. The heat transfer potential of this heatsink simply demands more than what a puny little 60mm unit can deliver!
Zero point energy