Wierd EC10

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
BP6_Stress

Wierd EC10

Post by BP6_Stress »

I have been a long time fan of BP6.com, even years ago after takeing my BP6 down (HUGE stability) issues). I watched the site occasionally. A few days ago came across a post about about bad capacitors, and i took my old board out to look at it, sure enough Bad cap at EC10. Wierd part is that it looked like it was already replaced once before by the look of the solder on the back. I removed the capacitor and there looks like there was a mis drilling. I have 3 holes under my EC10 capacitor. I guess I got one of the boards manufacured on a friday, or before a holiday. hehe Has anyone seen this before??
I used another motherboard i have laying around as a organ donar, and did my best to replace the cap. So far so good, I am happy to report my BP6 is back alive, and seem to be running ALOT better and stable then before. I attaching a picture i took of the three holes...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hyperspace
Board Admin

Re: Wierd EC10

Post by hyperspace »

BP6_Stress wrote:I have been a long time fan of BP6.com, even years ago after takeing my BP6 down (HUGE stability) issues). I watched the site occasionally. A few days ago came across a post about about bad capacitors, and i took my old board out to look at it, sure enough Bad cap at EC10. Wierd part is that it looked like it was already replaced once before by the look of the solder on the back. I removed the capacitor and there looks like there was a mis drilling. I have 3 holes under my EC10 capacitor. I guess I got one of the boards manufacured on a friday, or before a holiday. hehe Has anyone seen this before??
I used another motherboard i have laying around as a organ donar, and did my best to replace the cap. So far so good, I am happy to report my BP6 is back alive, and seem to be running ALOT better and stable then before. I attaching a picture i took of the three holes...
Welcome to BP6.Com, BP6_Stress!

When I replaced EC10 on my two BP6's, there were three holes, just like your picture shows. Maybe the two holes are for different capacitors that have different distances between the radial leads.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
nullshark

Post by nullshark »

Wow, I haven't looked at my board in ages (though I will once my two 366s get here to replace my 400's, muahaha).

Do both of those holes hit the same lead on the back?
On a torpedo to Hell
ASRock 939 Dual Sata II mobo--2x 2200+--2GB RAM--ATI x800XL--2x Seagate Cheetah 15K.3s on LSI 20160 HBA--WD 400GB Caviar RE2, Maxtor 300GB, 3x Maxtor 120+ GB = 1.1TB storage--Sony Dru-820A DVDRW--Diamond Xtreme 7.1 sound--Win XP
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

nullshark wrote:Do both of those holes hit the same lead on the back?
Both holes go through to the opposite of the mainboard. Two holes are essential one hole.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
BP6_Stress

Post by BP6_Stress »

Yeah exactly what hyperspace said.. mine just had a butt load of solder on the back, guess to fill both holes up and make contact.
I can't beleive what a difference replacing the EC10 cap made in this board. Tell you the truth.. i don't remember this board ever running this well. Thanks for all the great posts that helped me out. :D
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

bp6_stress

sounds like the the EC10 mod did you some good.

did you by any chance take a look at any of the OTHER caps on the mobo by any chance ???

you may wanan watch those grren/gold caps... most of mine are showing imminent signs of failure.. but haven't failed YET...

Kuun
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
BP6_Stress

Post by BP6_Stress »

Yeah, I gave all the caps a good look over. The E10 was buldged, not leaking, and all the other caps looked mint. <knock on wood> I have not used this board that much in the past.. worked fine for alittle under a year then constant random hangs.. all sorts of stress and grey hairs. I eventually just put it back in the box and shelved it. Decided to browse around good ole' BP6.com and stumbled upon the post...