Need help

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
DLMMIST

Need help

Post by DLMMIST »

Hello, I just got a Abit VP6 used from a friend I got two 700/100 PIII processors with two sticks of 512 Mb. I can't get the motherboard to run will two processors it will freeze in windows XP and 2000. If I just use one processor it runs fine. My power supply is only 250 Watts but I have tried a 450 Watt power supply. I'm only using one 30 Gig hard drive and a DVD CD Rom Drive until I can get it working with two processors. I have tried Linux and Windows and I can only get it to run with one processor. I really would love to use both processors. I know both processors work because I’ve tried them in different computers. Thank You for any help.
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

look at the caps. leaking/bulging
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
DLMMIST

Post by DLMMIST »

:( Thank you for replying, I did look a the Caps for leaking and bulging but found nothing like that also had a friend look at it. I did see that some were on the internet about Abit BP6 motherboards haveing that problem. I really don't no why it will only work with one Processor and not two. I think I will have the Caps replaced anyway just to make sure and please if you know of a good place were I could send the motherbourd to have the caps replaced let me know. Again thank you.
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

motherboardrepais.com

DLMMIST,
check out this website.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100