whats the fastest fsb speed for the bp6?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

"Full Immersion" - What exactly do you mean by that? I can derive I few setups through that title.
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

You should realize that once the BP6 goes past 110MHz FSB it's either 124 or 133 with nothing else available.

No matter how good your cooling is - the BP6 is a crap shoot for stability at 124 & virtually impossible @133. Other factors besides heat/temperature come into play beyond 110MHz, and these make your serious investment of labor in sophisticated cooling concepts a dubious gamble at best. Especially if no stability at 124MHz would be a total disappointment for you.
Last edited by RRLedford on Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

RRLedford wrote:Other factors besides heat/temperature come into play beyond 110MHz
That’s true… But…

Some neat (simple) board modifications may help with those stability problems. You’ll see soon what I mean.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

The DareDevil wrote: Some neat (simple) board modifications may help with those stability problems. You’ll see soon what I mean.
Hmmmm........ Intriguing! :?: :? :shock:
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

DRD wrote:By 'full immersion' i mean taking whole mobo and card setup and dumping it in a sealed container of non conducting electrical coolant fluid.
This would be circulated by a immersion pump and cooled via large heatsinks IN fluid attached to copper plate (top of container)which is gonna (hopefully) be covered in peltiers and then heatsinks on top of them with 180mm super quiet fans.
virtually silent cooling for entire system, running at estimated -10/-20. :twisted:
in a perspex case with cathodes to make it look pretty (jus because!)! :lol:

And let us know about the mobo mods as i not adverse to a bit of soldering iron trickery myself.
You must take pictures of this!! :D :D :D