an alternative to watercooling

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

What CPUs are running at what clock (overclocked?) speed to give these temps? The lack of a smooth transition from the 80mm fan square to the 60mm top of sink square, does a major choke job on the flow ratings of the 80mm fans. I would look at some of the more funnel-shaped 80mm-to-60mm fan adapters. The big concern with them is size - do they collide on the BP6?
*** I've used the EverCool (AOC) 715 sinks+70mm fans on two BP6s, and am very happy with the fit. The pure copper sinks start small at the surface of the CPU & get larger after they clear the capacitors. The 70mm fans, with nothing blocking their outflow, will move just about as much air as the 80mm fans in your setup. I'll post a pic to illustrate my point soon.
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Well the side view really impresses! Nice funnel action & with 92mm too-WOW! I'm not in your league with my little 70mm fans.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

That is very, very cool!

Edit: Looks like you've done some sound proofing too!
g0fvt

Water Jackets

Post by g0fvt »

being totally incompetent at this and not understanding how to insert the picture here is the url of my watercooled BP6 page....
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/g0fvt/water1.html a bigger picture of the water jackets is at http://hometown.aol.co.uk/g0fvt/myhomep ... ction.html cooling is now back to standard but will transfer the coolers to my VP6 in the near future........
Last edited by g0fvt on Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
g0fvt

thanks ajnag

Post by g0fvt »

Thanks for that.... obviously I am the only dumb one on the BP6 board! :)
g0fvt

Post by g0fvt »

Thanks for the compliment DRD...

The AOL webspace is gradually screwing up, they probably noticed that I left them a year ago!

The coolers took about an hour to make, they are made from 42mm copper plumbing pipe with square plates either end 55mm by 55mm.

The cpu facing plate is copper but the pipe end is brass, with approx 6mm od brass pipes soldered in.

The coolers may seem a little tall, that was purely the practicality of being able to solder one end without the other end melting!

I expect the first thing that people will query is the smallness of the pipes, really it is plenty, with a puny 0.5 litre/min through them the outgoing water was only a bit over 1 degree celcius over the incoming temperature... the maths reinforces this... water has a massive heat capacity and to cool Celerons effectively you don't need much flow...

I later sandwiched peltiers under the coolers and got lower temperatures, however I got stuck for overclocking further by a very out of spec pci bus..... with peltiers it would post at 644Mhz and detect both cpus but that was about as far as it got....

The coolers were attached to the cpus with arctic siler epoxy... I know that is something that is specifically not recommended but it worked fine, they were not to tricky to seperate afterwards, just put them in the fridge, cooled them and a sharp knife whipped them off with no damage... epoxy is brittle at very low temperatures and this was easier than I had expected...

The plan was to shift the cooling to my VP6, maybe in the new year, in the meantime the BP is an aircooled :( trusty server :lol:

Happy New Year to everyone on the BP6 board, long live the BP
g0fvt

Post by g0fvt »

P.S ajnag does your sound proofing work well? My computers all have thin foam soundproofing and to be honest they are still noisy...
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

Cool coolers on yoru celerons :D
I wanna see the watercooled thingies too, i only get the blank screen as if it werent there!
cmon you have enough common sense to post pictures on the bp6 forum, use the force!
g0fvt

Post by g0fvt »

Here is another attempt, I moved the stuff to a better provider...

Gabumon, I think my force may have dried up!

http://www.aocb04.dsl.pipex.com/bp6%20page.htm
g0fvt

Post by g0fvt »

Thanks Ajnag, I took the pictures a long time ago, sorry there are no pictures of the radiator I used, it did not look bad really. On the other hand I deliberately left out the "panda" bin that was used as a water reservoir.... I will try to put some more pics on the site...