Slackware 9.0 out!

OS / Drivers / BIOS
loophole

Slackware 9.0 out!

Post by loophole »

Slackware 9.0 is out, and it's looking better than ever (you'd like to think so because it's a new version, but anyway) with greatly improved package handling capabilities - you can now make Slackware packages (Slackware tarballs) for any source package you download, as well as tools to convert RPMs to Slackballs, not to mention all the Slackware 9 packages at www.linuxpackages.net (formely LinuxMafia).

Check out the anouncement here for all that's new:
http://slackware.com/announce/ANNOUNCE.9_0

Just my two cents...
Still kicking along with the Abit BP6 :-)
loophole

Post by loophole »

Good to hear.

I know what you mean - I bought a Duron 1.3 and an Epox 8KTA3+ motherboard and I ended up keeping it for about a month after which I decided I would put both the Duron & mobo and the BP6 mobo & CPUs up for sale and sold whichever one sold first. So, now I'm back with the BP6 and the buttersmooth SMP multitasking. That's alright though, I really like the BP6 - the Duron combo was lacking an ever-so-cool cult following :D

Just got the xine slack 9 packages from linuxpackages.net and they're great. Divx better than windows (because of full multithreading from the ground up for xine-lib).

Keep on Slacking,
loophole.
Still kicking along with the Abit BP6 :-)
PDR60

Post by PDR60 »

If you think XINE is nice try Mplayer. It is real smooth on a dual box. I am running slack on one bp6 and a cut down version of Mandrake on another as a web server for http://www.pdr60.net my site. and about 12 others. I have to admit I wish I had built the web box with slack but at the time I was real good with MDK and hadn't had a lot of time with Slack. But you never know.........
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

nice site, pdr60!
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...