Truly independent multiple desktops

OS / Drivers / BIOS
tomatoeboy

Truly independent multiple desktops

Post by tomatoeboy »

Does anyone know of any program that allows you to have multiple truly independent desktops in 2kpro.

By independent I mean that you are able to change the actual layout of the desktop (the icons showing & their position, the background, etc..)

I'm just wondering because there a set of program's I use when I do 3D modelling and then the progs that I use the rest of the time.

I currently have 2 different usernames set up so that I can always easily get to the programs I want but it does get a little irritating sometimes.
Derek
Site Admin

Re: Truly independent multiple desktops

Post by Derek »

tomatoeboy wrote:Does anyone know of any program that allows you to have multiple truly independent desktops in 2kpro.

By independent I mean that you are able to change the actual layout of the desktop (the icons showing & their position, the background, etc..)

I'm just wondering because there a set of program's I use when I do 3D modelling and then the progs that I use the rest of the time.

I currently have 2 different usernames set up so that I can always easily get to the programs I want but it does get a little irritating sometimes.
You're talking about the same functionality that KDE gives you, right?
HAL6000
SETI Guru

Post by HAL6000 »

I think this will do pretty much what you are wanting. If I remember you can have 8 diffrent desktops and such.
http://www.shelltoys.com/virtual_desktop/index.html
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

HAL6000 wrote:I think this will do pretty much what you are wanting. If I remember you can have 8 diffrent desktops and such.
http://www.shelltoys.com/virtual_desktop/index.html
Very shagadelic baby :thumbs:

Hehehe
HAL6000
SETI Guru

Post by HAL6000 »

I thought it was neat and everything but for how i work I really just need multi monitors and be able to move stuff between them. Something like 6 screens would do me. Then again is each was its own desktop I could switch between just like having multi monitors that would be spiffy.