Wont go into win2K

OS / Drivers / BIOS
gregulator

Wont go into win2K

Post by gregulator »

Hey, I just flashed my BIOS to the newest RU with HPT1.25. The flash went fine, the windows 200 load screen (black with white bar across bottom) will come up. When the bar reaches 100% the computer reboots. I'm not sure what what wrong, but any help would be AWESOME!
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Hi gregulator,

can you boot to safe mode? Did you check your BIOS settings (especially IDE devices) after the flash? What´s your system configuration?

Wolfram
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
gregulator

Post by gregulator »

I can't get into safe mode, or normal. The boot drive (WD40gig) is connected to a Promise ATA100 card. Two other drives (WD30gigs) are connected to the HPT. I'm set to boot from EXT and EXT == SCSI. I put one of the different drives on the Promise card and reinstalled windows to it. Everything works fine. I can see all the data on the drive that won't boot. Any help would be nice cause I would rather not reinstall and transfer everything to this drive.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Are you overclocking?

If so, try reverting to the stock speed.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
gregulator

Post by gregulator »

Hell no, I am not overclocking. That shit is dangerous and illegal. : ) But serisouly, no.