here to trouble you again. XP problems

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Beezy

here to trouble you again. XP problems

Post by Beezy »

ok guys. xp tells me i cant install a few things cuz my comp may be running in safemode. ok sure. i did put it in safe mode a while ago. i THOUGHT i started it normal again. (used "msconfig") tried several times to go back in to config and reboot. still same thing. no go. i'm tryin to install the java driver from the sun website and also adobe pdf reader. but cant because the comp won't lemme startup winstall or whatever the hell it's called. help me out please! :cry:
24seven
IRC Lurker

Post by 24seven »

Just to clarify this, your computer is running in safe mode, and you want to know how to get it to boot normally?

The normal way is to hold F8 I think when windows is booting and you should get a menu for which startup option you want.

Off the top of my head I cant think of any thing else, as I've never had the problem.

How did you make it boot into safemode when you wanted to?
Beezy

Post by Beezy »

i used msconfig. in the "run" option under the start menu. i then clicked the "boot.ini" tab and checked the /safeboot option. and has been plaguing me ever since
24seven
IRC Lurker

Post by 24seven »

Have you tried editing the boot.ini without using the msconfig program?
Maybe a repair install could fix it, there is a way to manually select the things it checks, but I’ve forgotten how you do it.