Honey X Bios For ECS K75SA Pro

OS / Drivers / BIOS
KRVSNET

Honey X Bios For ECS K75SA Pro

Post by KRVSNET »

Has anyone worked with this and does it make a diffrence i have an AMD 2000+ i want to try and over clock it BUT my Board doent have the abilty to do so ... I have foudn the HONEYX bios for this mother board and to be honest with ya i am so broke i am scared to flash my bios knowing that there is a chance of me screwing it up !

I am not a complete noob just dont have any cash to replace the board if i do fubar it.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Hello KRVSNET. :)

Provided you're not too broke, it would be advisable to invest in a BIOS savior.

http://www.bit-tech.net/review/54/

Check for compatibility first.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

If (1) the BIOS is compatible with your motherboard and (2) the flash procedure is not interrupted you have nothing to worry about.

Also, if worst comes to worse, there are alternative methods of recovering from bad flashes (although, the methods don’t guarantee success).
-Derek
KRVSNET

So Far.

Post by KRVSNET »

So far i am still researching that it is 100% compatiable. and that ROM SAVER looks like its the neatest thing since peanut butter lol .....
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

That rom saver is spiffy!
-Derek
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Yep. I've been meaning to get round to buying one for ages. Has anyone used one?
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
headseed

Post by headseed »

I've heard good things about the honey bios for k7s5a. I run cheapoman's bios for mine tho. Keep in mind that overclocking is still difficult on this board because there is no vcore adjustment. I never put my unlocked chip in to test, but I don't believe there's a multiplier adjustment either.

that said, I run 150*10.5 with mine, with a pally AXP AGOIA 1600. I've been told that in order to get the 5:1 ratio you have to go right to 150 from stock, otherwise you oc the pci bus too much. So it kind of sucks.
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently