ru bios with hpt368 bios

OS / Drivers / BIOS
honcho

ru bios with hpt368 bios

Post by honcho »

Im trying to determine wether this bios actually works before I install it. It seems strange to me that this site would bother offering up a bios with a raid feature that either doesnt work or messes the functionality up.

So has anyone had any success with this bios or is it just a non working hack. I've tried to find some posts but cant find much.
If you've used this bios please gimme a reply. thanks.
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

welcome aboard.
The problem is the HPT366. Its wacko.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

I upgraded my BP6 with the latest BIOS a couple of months back and I have recently begun messing about with the HPT366 controller under Linux. I am going to write something about it in the Linux section but I want to do some more testing, prodding and poking before I put my money where my mouth is :)

In short, I think that the HPT366 works if you use it for simple stuff with drives that it was built to connect to (ATA-66 type). I know that some faster drives can either be geared down or do it automatically but I can just imagine that some hdd's could give you problems in combination with the controller. If you want RAID or any such thing then go with something else.

However, it has been working flawlessly for me under Linux for a short period of time now.
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel
battistajl

Post by battistajl »

hi did you test it yet honcho? I too want to know if it works before messing my system... It is working fine but a RAID could really increase my overall performances!