Cinema Craft Encoder

OS / Drivers / BIOS
foxxi

Cinema Craft Encoder

Post by foxxi »

Hi there :)

Glad to see that I'm not the only one around, who is still using this mobo. But now right to the point:

Maybe some of you know the app mentioned above, for those who don't: It's one of the best (in fact most ppl say it's THE best) and fastest MPEG-2 Encoder around, and the best thing is: It's SMP-aware. The only Version that should run on a BP6 Rig, using normal Celerons, is v 2.50 because it doesn't require the SSE instructionset (except for sound but we're talking about video encoding here), used in PIII and up.

Thing is: I couldn't get it working on my Dual-Celeron machine. I have tried all of the workarounds and patches given on http://www.doom9.org (best source on the net for video encoding), but that didn't help at all. Everytime the program starts to encode, CCE crashes without leaving any error on the screen or even in the logfile. So my guess is that this could be a hardware problem. And that's where you come in. :D

Has anyone here on the boards made similar experiences with that particular application running on a BP6 based computer? It would be nice if some of you would grab the CCE demo from the page, mentioned above, and try it out. Best thing would be to download the latest DVD2SVCD package (same url) and try to encode any avi to SVCD or DVD with CCE, because the whole encoding process with CCE without a frontend like this would maybe way too complicated for anyone who doesn't want to read a couple of guides (which are on doom9, too).

Thanks in advance :)

my hardware specs and software versions (as far as they matter):
Abit BP6 ( ;) )
2xCeleron 433
2x256 MB PC133 SD-RAM (Infineon CL2)
40 GB Maxtor HDD @7200 RPM
MPS version set in the BIOS: 1.4

W2k Pro SP4
CCE 2.50 SP
Avisynth 2.5.5 (frameserving tool based on virtualdub)
loophole

Post by loophole »

Are you having trouble running any other programs?

loophole
Still kicking along with the Abit BP6 :-)