Flashing The BIOS - Instructions???

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Homer S.

Post by Homer S. »

Hi,

BIOS upgrading is very well explained in ABIT BP6 User Manual (Appendix A); if you don't have one, you can download it here.
I followed those instructions and everything went OK (you can only fear a power interruption while doing it :!:).
If you use an up-to-date awdflash version, you're likely to find it slightly different from how it's shown in the manual, but such differences should not be a trouble.

At the moment, I'm using RU BIOS with a Maxtor 40 GB hard disk on HPT366 primary master controller (and Red Hat Linux 7.3 with a Quantum, a.k.a. Maxtor by now, 20 GB hard disk on HPT366 secondary master controller). It works all fine.

Just, I decided to disable both APM and ACPI since I had troubles in installing Win2k with them enabled (but I suppose I could have solved it in other ways by playing with BIOS configuration; only, I don't miss it, so I thought: why bother? :wink:).
Whether you'll be obliged to do just the same or not, it's up to your particular hardware configuration (video card, storage devices, and so on). Anyway, this forum is full of posts regarding solving troubles with Windows and power management: you can have lots of info from them, so read them if you need.

Regards.
Homer S.