CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Grond

CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded

Post by Grond »

I flashed to the bp6ru125 bios before installing Win2K and I got the above error. There were a bunch of bad commands at the command line before the flash program ran then the program seemed to write just fine and after I exited it got a bunch more bad commands at the command line. When it booted back up is when I got the checksum error. Windows 98 loaded just fine though and I set ACPI and APM to enabled and MPS to 1.4 and reformatted. When I ran the Win2K boot floppies I got ntkrnlmp.exe could not load. The knowledge base says its a BIOS problem. I tried setting ACPI and APM to disabled but that didn't help. The bp6ru125.bin was off this website as well as the award.exe, I used the abitfae from the win2k install floppy from gamerssquad. I usedf abitfae bp6ru125.bin to run the program, I didn't use any switches. Any suggestions???
Grond

Post by Grond »

The boot screen says its the RU bios and the HPT125 bios. I tried hitting f6 during the win2k installation to install third party drivers but it doesnt seem to acknowledge it and goes on to the hardware detection.
g0fvt

Post by g0fvt »

Cmos checksum error message is totally normal under those circumstances.... nothing to worry about at all. It will be ok on a reboot when it knows what drive types and cpu are fitted etc etc...