Mandrake 9.0

OS / Drivers / BIOS
PDR60

Mandrake 9.0

Post by PDR60 »

As most everyone knows MDK9.0 came out 0n 9-25. I managed to get it downloaded and installed without any problems. Been running it since 9-26. My first impressions are that this is a very complete and polished release. Having installed it on a dual gig system and a single cpu box I can say both went without a hitch. As far as performance goes; this release is SMOOTH. I am impressed.
I know that some of you out there run different distros but I'm a realative newb at linux. I really like the improvements in the software manager. This distro is heading in the right direction in my opion. I realy think that most first-time linux users will not find MDK overwelming. I helped a couple of freinds install it and they both are new converts. Neither one had ever installed linux or even seen it before. Both are running it now and are very pleased. So I think we may be turning the tide. One user at a time. I showed them how to network their machinesinto the their existing lans and they were off and running. They were both really surprised at Open office. Its nice that MDK put it right there in the intall. I even showed them that they can still play their windows games by using Winex(also out with an update@ www.transgaming.com)

We need these kind of distros to spread the word. They are easy to install and very complete for transitioning people over from M$.

Just my 2 cents.