Complete Data Transfer HD to HD

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
kdtron

Complete Data Transfer HD to HD

Post by kdtron »

I tried this a while back and remember running into problems I have a 3 gig plugged in direct to motherboard as my primary drive.

My secondary drive is plugged into an IDE card..

Now I have a third drive notinstalled I wanted to swap everything over to from my primary. Than I will replace the current primary with this new drive. Last time I run into bugs and not complete data transfer when I did a simple data transfer in win explorer..

Thanks in advance for any help.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Hi kdtron,

I highly recommend Acronis True Image. I use it regularly to do exactly what you would like to do and this software makes perfect copies each time! It's great for scheduled backups as well.

:arrow: http://www.acronis.com/

Derek
-Derek
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

hi kdtron,
welcome aboard.

When I last got a new Western Digital HD it came with a bootable CD. One of the options is partition to partition copying from one HD to another. Im not sure how the piracy thing fits on this situation but I hook up a 270 meg WD drive then the software allows me to copy from a maxtor to a fujitsu. I have used Conner software simularly back in the olden days when you had to use a drive manager for those huge drives over 510 meg.

I trust that most manufacturers have built in tools to prevent piracy so you will have to comply with what they ask to use such software.

Or better yet, do what Derek said.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100