Bios Zm-6

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Sannieboy

BP6 bios usable for abit's zm-6?

Post by Sannieboy »

Hi people,

I am new here, and therefore I am quite a newbee in this:

I currently bought a cheap computor with a zm-6 motherboard and celeron 533. The celeron is an old PPGA cpu. I was schocked the slowness of the cpu. :shock:
From a friend, I recieved a pentium 3 coppermine.

However, this doesn't work on the zm-6 motherboars, I need to mod (with a soldering iron) or buy a convertor for (PPGA to FCPGA).

I am not good in soldering and I can't find the convertors in the stores here. So I thought maybe there is another solution...Biosupgrade? Abit's biosupgrade isn't sufficient ...

Is it possible to use the bp6 bios for the zm-6? 8)
Maybe u experts can help me with this one?

Thanks!
Sannieboy

Bios Zm-6

Post by Sannieboy »

Hi people,

I am new here, and therefore I am quite a newbee in this:

I currently bought a cheap computor with a zm-6 motherboard and celeron 533. The celeron is an old PPGA cpu. I was schocked the slowness of the cpu.
From a friend, I recieved a pentium 3 coppermine.

However, this doesn't work on the zm-6 motherboars, I need to mod (with a soldering iron) or buy a convertor for (PPGA to FCPGA).

I am not good in soldering and I can't find the convertors in the stores here. So I thought maybe there is another solution...Biosupgrade? Abit's biosupgrade isn't sufficient ...

Is it possible to use the bp6 bios for the zm-6?
Maybe u experts can help me with this one?

Thanks!
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

a dual cpu bios, very much doubt it.
it won't get you coppermine anyway

keep the PPGA chip
buy a better mobo
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

and don't post twice.....
KliK

Post by KliK »

what i can see on ABIT homepage, that ZM6 mbo doesn't support cC0 steping in Coopermines (or later)...so there is hope for you!! :D

put the laste BIOS version SU on the mob...in setup of the BIOS check which is the largest multiplayer for the CPU, so you can deside which CPU to buy for your mbo?! for Celeron 700 it should be 10.5, for Celeron 667 it should be 10, etc.
they should cost about 10-15€...but be sure to get the right one, so use the spec indentification (SL3xx, SL4xx, etc)!!
and here is the list of cB0 stepping Coopermines, which should work on your mbo!!

also, ZM6 mbo works on 100MHz FSB...so when you put the last version of the BIOS, you could check for 100MHz P3 Coopermines...in my country there are a lot of aftermarket 800MHz P3s for 20€!!
here is the list for the P3's Coopermines...note that cB0 steping will work for you!! about cA2 steping, you should contact ABIT on support...and cC0 would definatelly not work on your mbo...

i would recomend you to get P3, 'cause of the larger cache size...also with 800 or 850MHz machine, you can have decent Workstation!! :D

i hope this hepled you...
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

[Topics merged]
-Derek