cd-rom + overclock....read

Blueneko
aka Gabumon

cd-rom + overclock....read

Post by Blueneko »

Has anyone encountered a problem after formating a drive with win2k at installation, then began to copy files with an overclocked bp6?
Its weird, but I encounter a problem with "memory management" when the cd-rom cannot read a file, so it asks either to skip or retry, so typically a user would, retry, then blue screen of death with error.
I do notice if you run both cpu's at normal speed, the cd-rom is happy and loves to read everything without errors.

Now, no, NO!!!!!! I AM NOT (or ever) using that highpoint onboard raid controller, im switching back and forth from the ru bios with and without the hpt366 controller feature.

Promise Fasttrak100 raid card
Old viper V550 agp card
256 (128mb x 2) pc133 memory
Dual celery 366 @ 550 with copper sinks from nexfan
and sparkle atx 300W
Cd-rom sony 48x
Drive 40gig deakstar IBM drive (single) (for testing purposes)

-due to constant testing between various parts, system config may not be consistant
Derek
Site Admin

Re: cd-rom + overclock....read

Post by Derek »

gabumon wrote:Has anyone encountered a problem after formating a drive with win2k at installation, then began to copy files with an overclocked bp6?
Yes! It goes without saying for every PC setup: Run your computer at spec speed when installing an OS, then overclock!

It just saves you from the headaches. :wink:
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

=D
I did it and now, well, lets see, hmm, oh yeah....testing the stability, lets run a few programs, something like....... I dont have anything good, I only have 3dmark 2001, but thats for video crap, anyone have any good ideas? (no i cant get it on network to run a seti job) Need a nic from friend, Ill get one tommorrow.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

If you have BX-Burn, that will work!

Anyone remember that program? I used it all the time before SETI! :D