FS - Newly RMA'd Abit BP6, 533 CPUs, memory, other parts.

For sale ads / Stuff wanted ads
Tim_K

FS - Newly RMA'd Abit BP6, 533 CPUs, memory, other parts.

Post by Tim_K »

I recently got my new BP6 up and running good. And NOW someone tells me that they have a new motherboard (AMD Socket A) for sale, so I want to sell this BP6 and build the AMD system.

Here's what I've got:

NEWLY REBUILT BP6 motherboard, just got it from Abit RMA department about 5 days ago. I have the receipt from Abit to prove it was rebuilt, and will send it with the motherboard. It has the board serial #3997 and RMA number on it.

Asking $80.00

2 Intel Celeron 533 Mhz processors, both are SL3FZ, both are installed in the BP6 and running now. With the CPU's I'll give you 2 new aluminum heat sinks with 60 mm Foxconn fans. These are bigger heat sinks than what low end Celerons came with stock. They fit between the capacitors, but not by much! These can cool a 1 Ghz+ P3.

Asking $35.00

2 sticks of NEC memory, 128 MB each - 256 MB total, PC133. Both in the BP6 now and working good.

Asking $40.00

Number 9 SR-9 8 MB AGP video card and Startech ST100 PCI ethernet card. Both are in the BP6 and working now.

Asking $15.00 , or you get them for free if you buy everything listed above.

Also available - a used Seagate 6 GB hard drive with a fresh installation of Windows 2000 Pro on it - $35.00

I'm typing all this on the BP6 system now.

I tested it at 66, 72, and 75 FSB speeds, which = 533, 576, and 600 Mhz CPU speeds. All things work well. Box will be shipped out via UPS.

I'd prefer to sell everything all at once.

Write back here, or email to loudmouthtim@hotmail.com ASAP.

I don't have a credit card or PayPal, I'd need a money order, cash, or Western Union. Your choice.
See "Online Video" the internets comedy / opinion webshow, at www.loudmouthtim.com !
Tim_K

Post by Tim_K »

Did I mention I'm open to offers? But don't try to be a cheap ass on me here.
See "Online Video" the internets comedy / opinion webshow, at www.loudmouthtim.com !
Tim_K

Post by Tim_K »

So what's up? Are these prices too high or something? You're getting a good working system here.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Give it a little while! :)

If you think the price may be a little off, have a look at what the equivalent fetches on eBay.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Tim,
remember that a board with bad caps is worth nearly as much as one just rebuilt by ABIT because they will rebuilt the one with bad caps for free.

Also if the 6GIG with W2K pro will get the Liscense then the OS makes it worth more, but if its a pirated copy the drive itself is hardly worth shipping expense.

I got my board with dual 500s and 128meg for $80.

Give it some time.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

davd_bob wrote:Tim,
remember that a board with bad caps is worth nearly as much as one just rebuilt by ABIT because they will rebuilt the one with bad caps for free.
I heard that rebuilt boards were fetching significantly more because buyers have more confidence that they won't fail.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
Tim_K

Post by Tim_K »

Yeah, man. This is a fully rebuilt Abit RMA board that is in a computer and working right NOW! This isn't some POS that someone said "they pulled out of an old computer and it was working good 3 years ago".

I'm surprised no one has grabbed it yet.
hyperspace
Board Admin

Re: FS - Newly RMA'd Abit BP6, 533 CPUs, memory, other parts

Post by hyperspace »

Tim_K wrote:... NEWLY REBUILT BP6 motherboard, just got it from Abit RMA department about 5 days ago. I have the receipt from Abit to prove it was rebuilt, and will send it with the motherboard. It has the board serial #3997 and RMA number on it.

Asking $80.00

2 Intel Celeron 533 Mhz processors, both are SL3FZ, both are installed in the BP6 and running now. With the CPU's I'll give you 2 new aluminum heat sinks with 60 mm Foxconn fans. These are bigger heat sinks than what low end Celerons came with stock. They fit between the capacitors, but not by much! These can cool a 1 Ghz+ P3.

Asking $35.00

2 sticks of NEC memory, 128 MB each - 256 MB total, PC133. Both in the BP6 now and working good.

Asking $40.00 ...
$155.

Here is what I got for $200 (plus $25 shipping). Quoted verbatum from the original thread.

BP6 (all caps are ok,
2 matched Celeron 533Mhz processors with stock Intel fans
Promise Ultra100TX2 IDE card
512 MB PC133 SD-RAM (1 256Mb stick, 2x128Mb sticks)
Geforce3 64Mb AGP video card (visiontek)
Intel 10/100 LAN card
Western Digital 60Gb 7200 RPM (2Mb cache) IDE hard drive
Monster Sound Diamond sound card
300W Antec power supply
CD ROM drive
100Mb ZIP Drive.

Granted there were bad capacitors but the whole system loaded and ran Windows XP when I got it. Oh, this included case, keyboard, BP6 manual and all the CDROMs/diskettes/manuals for the extras.

More RAM, larger hard drive, more modern graphics card, great PCI controller, reputable PSU and NIC; CDROM and ZIP (no big deal). If you add in $35 for the hard drive, that's $190.

Just as a comparision...
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Tim_K

Post by Tim_K »

This BP6 system is still up for sale. It's been running steadily for a month now with folding@home going at 100%. Never a crash or problem ever.

To the guy in Australia - I emailed you to see if you were still interested a few days ago.
JediFonger

Post by JediFonger »

i'll take it.
to the edge of eternity and depth of infinity, stupidity knows no bound.
krollbuddy

Post by krollbuddy »

Did you sell this yet?