Yochiro's method on modifying BP6 for P3

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
cybermat

Yochiro's method on modifying BP6 for P3

Post by cybermat »

Hi,

I am trying to modifying my bp6 for the dual P3 setup and I am have problem understanding some of the procedures that he pointed out.

He mentrioned something about EC12:
"Solder is applied back and the EC12 electrolytic capacitor is blown down a little left. Do not remove. "

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean I have to desoldered the negative terminal of the cap from the MB, but leave the positive terminal soldered on the board?

Also for the LM338T, am I supposed to solder it onto Q6 or replace Q6 with LM338T?

Thanks for your help guys...
Snugglebear

Post by Snugglebear »

Depends what revision of the bp6 you have. Can't remember what mine is, and the file with the info is 600 miles away on a server that's offline. Anyway, I *think* it was a 1.1 that only had a 100uF cap at EC10. After replacing that one and resoldering the two pins on the sockets the thing was cherry. No need for the VRs or anything else to be changed.
cybermat

Post by cybermat »

Well based on his method... The voltage regulator Q16 has to be modified as well. That's the part I am confused since the translation was hard to understand. Does anyone out there know?

Thanks
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

cybermat,

I totally agree with you, it is not clear what happens with the regulator pins. One little schematic would be so useful here.
cybermat

Post by cybermat »

Yes. I am thinking of performing the mod in a week or so. can anyone shed some light?
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

I'm so eager to hear who succeeds 1st with getting to level of dual P-III/1100E@1.21GHz, ahd what degree of mods it takes to get there!!
cybermat

Dual PIII 1.1 gig

Post by cybermat »

My first shot at dual PIII mod. I followed Yoichiro's guide and I was able to get the dual PIII 1.1/100/1.75V successfully to run at stock speed. I can't seem to get both CPUs to run at 110mhz eventhough they are capable of running at 110Mhz each in single mode. The Alpha could not keep the temperature down to run at 110Mhz. I will try again later when I get better heatsinks. Any suggestions?

A big thank you to everyone who helped me out..

Cheers :)
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Very good work Cybermat! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)