2 366's @ 550 mhz ... having prob's

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
Derek
Site Admin

Re: another question..

Post by Derek »

PaperBag wrote:well I tried the bp6fsb utility and it works great.. I can get my system up to 93 mhz fsb and run windows apps fine.. the only prob i get is while running counter-strike it'll get stuck for a few seconds randomly.. i think this might be a heat issue since my cpu's are running hot around 40-45 while the game is running..

could anything else be causing these pauses in the game??.. doesnt matter what fsb speed i use.. even at 75 or 83 it does the same thing..

-PB
It gets stuck while you're playing? Ie: In-game the video skips, like lag?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Try setting the FSB in the BIOS, rather than with BP6FSB... Also try to set half-life to use the second processor on high priority.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Right, hadn't read your first post :oops: Disabling "Speed Error Hold" is the solution for that (though, you already know that). What I meant by setting half-life to use the second processor was to set it to only use the second processor. If you hit CTRL ALT DEL and head to the processes tab, look for the half-life executable while half-life is running, right click, and the options you need will be shown.