Site Admin

Interesting Doom3 Review

Post by Derek »

Hey guys,

Take a look at this review:

:arrow: http://www.quartertothree.com/inhouse/columns/86/

It's very entertaining!
Tom Chick wrote:"So you're going to wait here until midnight?"

"Yeah. It's Doom 3. I'm totally psyched. We all are." The four of us stood there, totally psyched.

"Well, I heard they didn't get the shipment today," Monica said. "We won't be selling it until Wednesday afternoon."

We fell into a shocked silence. Then she grinned. "I'm just kidding. I just saw them taking them out of the shipping cartons in the back."
-Derek
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

It was interesting.
I would put Dungeon Seige from MS in the same boat.

Im from past times when a person used their imagination a little more. I am usually satisfied to have the TV on a broadcast station(no cable in my area) and a poor picture, cause Im into a PC rebuild and not watching anyway. I hear the story, and can put my own picture in...not needing HDTV equipment. It seems like many people have lost the ability to do that. If you don't draw them a picture they can make one for their self.

Talk about believability(sp)!!! The "War of the Worlds" think that happened 70 years ago was on RADIO for crying out loud and people actually believed it was real!

Any one else have any thoughts?
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
Nick

Post by Nick »

IMO Doom 3 was abit of a let down. You would play the first few levels and be really tense and into it, but then like level 7 its "oh I wounder whats around this corner could it be another demon" "what a suprise it is". By about level 15 its "what do I need the PDA to open this door, what a suprise and to get it I bet I've gotta go through a loada doors the other direction or under some flooring and kill loads of demons who happen to be waiting for me".

It got repetitive and you could guess what was going to happen, the story line was good and the graphics awsome but it got tiring too quickly you could tell when a demon was going to appear and when you needed to go back and get a PDA. Lets hope Valve dont screw up Half-Life 2 I'm really looking forward to that if the first game was anything to go by.

Nick